Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Move

We did it! We moved. The roof is finished, and we got our appliances delivered. Most of our stuff is unpacked. We have quite a few projects going on, and lots of plans. One of them is to custom build our pantry, and take off our kitchen cupboard doors to make open shelving. Then we can build a spice rack. Right now the doors would hit right where the rack is. We found out our oven doesn't close all of the way so we have to get a new stove. :/ We didn't like it anyways.
I had some issues with the transition of my shop. I am so used to having a fully functional studio to work out of(I used to take over the whole house). In the new house- the sink is too shallow and the faucet head doesn't come off and extend like I am used to, the shower doesn't have a lip so the water/ink sprays all over the place. The ink started to stain the shower. I had a bit of a breakdown, but Wayne found an easy solution for me(love!).
I wanted to share our recent activities with you in photo form! :)
Here is the studio/1 bedroom we have called home for the last 4 years.

Here is the studio before moving out. A disaster...

Moving day.

This is a 40 year old maple tree that was leaning right where we are getting a tiny cabin put in.

It fell right in our fire pit.

We then stacked and chopped the wood to dry. With all of the sawdust (I call it confetti). We collected a whole bucket full for the chicken coop(another project for another day).


While cutting up the maple tree- Wayne cut some rounds to see how they dry. A good experiment that I would love to sell in my shop for wedding table centerpieces.

Andddd the cedar! Look at all of it. This tree is about 400 years old. There is so much we can make with all of this. :)

Wayne also started stripping some tipi poles.
As you can tell we have quite a few projects going on. It has been quite the roller coaster, but I can't wait to sit back and finally be able to enjoy all of it. Right now it is just work, work, and more work. 



No comments :

Post a Comment