Friday, February 17, 2012

The Curious Parts & Pieces Of Country Life

I made it over to Portland Homestead Supply Co. today. I am in love! I didn't have my camera on me, so I had to take cell phone pictures(Sorry for the bad quality). I just wanted to give you guys an idea of the ambiance, and nature of the store.  The store had fresh eggs that were brough in same day, 2 goats, 2 ducks, and tons of baby chicks of all different kinds. Any tool you can possibly think of for any type of homesteading need- This store has got it! I set out to buy something while I was in there- to support them. I bought a book full of adorable and educational illustrations called "Farm Anatomy- The Curious Parts & Pieces Of Country Life". I highly recommend checking it out. I flipped open the pages and instantly learned that on average 1 hen lays 260 eggs per year. 1 hen!
I hope as I learn to be more self sufficient, and make a direct connection with my food- you will learn, and possibly be inspired to do it yourself! Check back as I am going to start dehydrating fruit!





No comments :

Post a Comment