Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Inspiration & The Dream for Truth

This is my Thanksgiving Pinterest Photo roundup. Follow me on Pinterest here! I hope you find inspiration.

Historically this is one of the worst holidays..
“Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past.”
Such applies to the history of  Thanksgiving. The real story has never been printed in text books. “A day of Thanksgiving, thanking God that they had eliminated over 700 men, women and children.” It was signed into law that, “This day forth shall be a day of celebration and thanksgiving for subduing the Pequots.” The massacre happened beacuse a white man was found dead in his boat. Ninety armed settlers burned a Native village, along with their crops, and then demanded the Natives to turn in the murderers. When the Natives refused, a massacre followed.
Captain John Mason and his colonist army surrounded a fortified Pequot village and reportedly shouted: “We must burn them! Such a dreadful terror let the Almighty fall upon their spirits that they would flee from us and run into the very flames. Thus did the Lord Judge the heathen, filling the place with dead bodies.” The surviving Pequot were hunted and slain. The next day there was a feast. The year was 1637 (source).

 The holiday has changed into a day of gratefullness(which alot of us lack) & gathering with family for a filling meal. I appreciate it. I am one grateful little bird.. I just understand, and respect my history, and hate that my government wont make things right. I want the truth.

1. Dessert Plates at West Elm- on sale each at $6.99, 2. I am grateful for- free printables in 4 colors, 3. Give Thanks 12x24 pillow cover at Dear Lillie- $24.95, 4. Better Homes and Gardens Fall decorations, 5. Give Thanks Platter at West Elm- on sale at $14.99.

No comments :

Post a Comment