Tuesday, May 31, 2011

This Is My Dream Home!

Wayne(boyfriend) and I have been on a hunt for a barn we could buy in Oregon on a decent sized property. We want all utilities on site and a lot that is secluded. You see..When you work with the public 5 of 7 days a week for 8 hours a day you come to realise you don't like people as much as you thought you would. You would have never thought people would talk to you the way they do. You would have never thought people were as insane, and selfish as they are. All I want went I get home every day is dead silence. I want as little human interaction as possible. It is a mental break, a reboot. I don't take vacations, I don't call in sick, I don't show up late for work, I don't get weekends off. I am a hard worker, and I need to be saving it all up for something to help me get away from all of this chaos. A small cabin, a barn renovation, a giant garden, a craft room, open fields, the sound of water in the distance.. I dream of the simple life. A modern quiet life.

This beautiful barn renovation was done in Whidbey Island, Washington. The renovation happened in 2000.
The old wood from the exterior of the barn is used inside through out the house as paneling. The designers stuck with a minimal color palette and focused on clean lines and lots of lighting. The colors are very natural and bright. The old wood wall panels and white furnishings really compliment each other.

See the full article here at Inhabitat




No comments :

Post a Comment